01 June 2017
With the colder, shorter and darker days under way, making sure your home is well prepped can truly make or break your winter happiness. Whether you like it or not, winter is here to stay for the next few months, so it’s important to make some little changes to your home now and create your own cosy haven before hibernating for winter.
Our client Justine Wilson, Director and Principal Stylist at Vault Interiors shares her top winter styling tips:
1. Bring the outside in: Fight off the housebound feeling by bringing in fresh flowers, succulents or floor standing plants that will breathe life into your home.
2. Layer to create a cocoon-like space: Winter is all about comfort, so choose a variety of different textures and fabrics to trap heat inside & ensure you have enough storage solutions.
3. Add warmth to your interiors: Adding warm coloured tones to your décor is a great way to bring warmth to your interior. Select rich tones, which are also on trend and lux, such as copper, burnt orange and mustard, and maroon.
4. Accessorising with colour pops: Metallic pops like gold, copper and brass will also add a hint of drama and a feeling of richness. Think about accessories, vessels, candles or small occasional furniture like side tables.
5. Brighten up your mood with lighting and beautiful scents: Table lamps and floor lamps are essential as the light is murkier and darker in winter. Candles are also essential to resist the urge to turn on every light in the house.
6. Rearrange your layout for a fresh mind: Orient items in a way that maximises the heat from fireplaces or heaters.
For more information, please feel free to get in touch today!